Good Shepherd Parish is a Roman Catholic church located in Uxbridge, Massachusetts and situated in the village of Linwood. Founded in 1904, the church was originally the place of worship for families of French Canadian descent, but has since become the home parish for many families throughout Northbridge, Uxbridge, and the surrounding towns.
Good Shepherd Parish is a member of the Northbridge Association of Churches and one of four churches that make up the Roman Catholic Churches of Northbridge and Uxbridge (RCCNU). It is also a charter parishe for Our Lady of the Valley Regional School.
Good Shepherd Parish is known for its Victorian Gothic style structure and for being one of the few wooden Catholic churches in the region. The parish has a thriving Religious Education and Youth Ministry program, which is expected to grow even bigger with the re-opening of its school building in the summer of 2012. This building will provide additional classroom space as well as a new Youth Ministry center. The parish sponsors numerous programs and activities throughout the year including guest speakers, dinners, community outreach programs, youth and senior activities, and prayer services.
Today, Good Shepherd is led by Reverend Lawrence Esposito, who was assigned to Good Shepherd in 2007.